About the Role
The role of the Philanthropy Executive – Major Gifts is an integral part of the Individual Giving Team and will work to research, identify, cultivate and secure potential major gift donors $10,000 and higher. The position is responsible for the development and stewardship to ensure relationships with major donors are developed to the highest standard and that donors are invited to continue to develop their commitment to the RCH.
Why work at the RCH Foundation
- The opportunity to work in outstanding facilities for one of the world’s best children’s hospitals, alongside some of the greatest medical minds
- The chance to be part of a fantastic and flexible team culture
- Access to many food and beverage options on site, a 24 hour gym, hairdresser, massage therapist and supermarket. We are also surrounded by the beautiful Royal Park and just a short tram trip to the Melbourne CBD
- Learning and career development opportunities to help you grow the role and your career.
Key Selection Criteria
- Significant experience in major gifts fundraising
- Experience with gifts higher than $10,000, in personal solicitations, portfolio management and the preparations of proposals and reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and demonstrated success in dealing with donors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience communicating to a diversity of audiences, including major donors, corporate representatives, senior staff, board members and volunteers
- High level of maturity and ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated attention to detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines, and managing accounts and projects simultaneously
- High level computer literacy and proficiency with fundraising programs and spreadsheets
- Commitment to The Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation’s values and a working style that reflects these
- Demonstrated Customer Service focus
- Previous experience working in a major gifts role in the health or higher education sectors
- Demonstrated experience and success in six figure plus gift asks
- Recognised Fundraising qualifications and a commitment to personal development
- Organisational awareness and stakeholder management expertise
- Demonstrated experience of managing and motivating staff and others, both internal and external
About the Organisation
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation is the fundraising arm of the RCH, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals.
The RCH Foundation has the vital role of raising, investing and distributing donated funds to the hospital. While a legally separate organisation, the RCH Foundation works very closely with the RCH to help achieve its vision.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as international leader, tackling some of the world's biggest health issues, and the Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth, are utilised for purposes of medical excellence, and support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist - in the areas of research, leadership, training, technology, equipment, and patient and family-centred care.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9345 5037
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Executive – Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.