About the Role
Bible Society Australia is currently seeking a full-time Bequest Relationship Representative to join their dedicated team. Based in the greater Sydney regional area, reporting to the National Bequest Manager, this key role has long-term importance to the mission of Bible Society and is focused on identifying, qualifying, stewarding and seeking bequest support from individuals on a face-to-face basis, through events and one on one visits, as well as over the phone.
Bible Society Offers:
• Fulfilling role building relationships with valued supporters
• Friendly team environment
• Connection and liaison with a wider family of Christian organisations under Bible Society Australia, including Koorong Books, Eternity News and Centre for Public Christianity
The Bequest Relationship Representative role focuses on the following key objectives:
• Assisting the National Bequest Manager to implement the Bequests Plan
• Developing a pipeline of supporters who are moving from prospects, to considering, to becoming committed bequestors
• Stewarding and growing a portfolio of committed bequestors
• Implementing regular engagement events for Bible Society’s long-term supporters, including current and prospective bequest donors
• Ensuring that data records of all bequest activity are up to date and accurately recorded in a timely manner
• Collaborating with the wider Strategic Partnerships Group on fundraising activities from time to time as needed
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have:
• A sound understanding of how bequest and major giving fit into overall fundraising programs
• A proven track record working in fundraising relationship management with demonstrable experience in bequest relationship management
• Excellent Public speaking and written communication skills along with influencing and relationship building skills
• Keen attention to detail for database information upkeep and running multiple supporter engagement events within agreed timeframes
• A track record of being a self-starter who cheerfully works in a fast-paced environment with significant activity targets
• A collaborative mindset, able to work cross-functionally with other team members
• A servant-heart who is adaptable and willing to perform a wide range of duties
• Comfortable with discussing Christian faith matters, leading devotions, public prayer and sensitive, respectful bequest conversations
Closing Date: ASAP
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be closed once the successful applicant has been appointed. For more information about the Bible Society please visit http://www.biblesociety.org.au/
About the Organisation
For more than 200 years, Bible Society Australia has been dedicated to making the Bible available and accessible to all. As part of a fellowship of 152 Bible Societies, we’re a not-for-profit charity in partnership with all denominations. We translate, publish and share the Bible around the world and help people engage with the message of unconditional love found in Jesus Christ, the living word.
Apply for this Job
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, for a confidential first conversation, call David on 0400 095 004.
Please note: Applications will need to include a resume with cover letter addressing the above criteria in order to be considered.
Please quote in application: Bequest Relationship Representative via Pro Bono Australia.