About the role
Manage a small portfolio of clients, building strong stakeholder relationships in order to provide end to end accounting services and assist clients with meeting their business and financial goals. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will be responsible for all management and financial reporting, working closely with a team of bookkeepers to oversee payroll, accounts payable and receivable functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of all end of month financial reporting
- Assist with GST, FBT and other statutory reporting
- Processing all journals and reconciliations
- Complete forecasting, budgeting, analysis and interpretation of financial reports
- Assist with annual audit processes
- Overseeing payroll, accounts payable and receivable functions
- Provide guidance and advice on any escalated bookkeeping issues
- Liaise with internal and external clients and other stakeholders
Skills & Experience required
- Experience in public practice, or working with multiple entities within a commercial environment
- CA/CPA qualified or nearing completion
- Highly developed interpersonal skills – this role is client facing and your ability to communicate at all levels will be essential to your success
- Demonstrated experience using small practice accounting software and familiarity with ERP favourable
- Proactive and positive attitude, and an ability to problem solve
Benefits & Culture
- Enjoy work life balance, with flexible hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Close-knit team environment, with weekly staff breakfast and team meetings
- Opportunities for progression, with ongoing training and development provided
- Positive and supportive culture, where people share a passion for their work
About the organisation
This is a small to medium size Not-for-Profit organisation, responsible for policy, research and sector development relating to the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services. They operate as the peak organisation representing community interests in Queensland at both a state and national level.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.