About the Role
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Music, Singing or The Performing Arts Teaching Artist (TA) to conduct a half day per week classroom music workshop (Monday or Wednesday) during Terms 3 and 4 with primary school students in Merrigum – City of Greater Shepparton (Victoria).
You will work to plan and deliver a sequential creative arts and music program to improve social, emotional and educational outcomes for children. You will also be responsible for inspiring and mentoring teachers to use music in their own classrooms.
The TA’s role will mainly be the planning, management, delivery and evaluation of the creative arts and educational workshop, however, it is anticipated that they will also take an active role to contribute to building relationships and partnerships with parents, local community and arts groups by working closely with The Song Room’s Program Coordinator.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary education and/or extensive experience in your artistic field
- Experience of delivering music and creative arts activities to medium sized groups of children, preferably in a school setting
- Ability to plan and deliver a creative arts program designed to engage Primary School children in their learning
- Ability to engage and involve classroom teachers in the program sessions
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to plan and organise own workload
- Ability to work independently
- High standard of interpersonal skills
- High degree of self-motivation and responsibility
- Current ‘Working With Children Check’
About the Organisation
The Song Room is an innovative not for profit organisation providing creative learning programs in disadvantaged schools around the country.
Our programs are evidenced to deliver greater learning and social outcomes and are instrumental in transforming the education standards of Australian children in disadvantaged communities.
Our vision is for all Australian children to have the opportunity to participate in music and the arts to enhance their education, personal development and community involvement.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9521 3990
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Teaching Artist – Music, Singing or Performing Arts via Pro Bono Australia.