About the Role
- Full or Part Time
- Ref: 15752
- Join a high achieving fundraising team
- Solicit gifts in wills from Peter Mac’s donor pool and the wider community
- Provide highest levels of donor care for confirmed gifts in wills supporters
As part of continued growth, outstanding candidates are encouraged to apply for positions now open at Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation.
Peter Mac’s Gifts in Wills program is responsible for promoting gifts in wills to new and existing Peter Mac supporters and plays a crucial role in generating significant income to support Peter Mac’s life-saving research.
Reporting to the Gifts in Wills and Estates Manager, you will be responsible for the acquisition, cultivation and solicitation of gifts in wills prospects, and for the stewardship of confirmed gifts in wills supporters and their annual giving through personal donor engagement, primarily through telephone and direct mail.
Your friendly, engaging nature, emotional intelligence and previous fundraising experience will see you develop strong and meaningful relationships with new and existing gifts in wills prospects and donors. This fast-paced environment will have you integrating closely with all areas of the Foundation team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in donor development and solicitation (Gifts in Wills experience an advantage)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication, collaboration and negotiation skills, with the ability to relate sensitively to people, especially people of a senior age
- Competent in maintaining information for consistent and regular recording and reporting of engagement activity
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both autonomously and as a member of a team
- Sound knowledge of using fundraising databases (ideally Raiser’s Edge) and Microsoft Office suite
For further information about this opportunity, please review the position description or contact us for a confidential discussion.
Peter Mac offers its employees the following benefits:
- Salary Packaging/ADOs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Central City Location
- Training and Development Program
Please note all applicants must address the selection criteria.
About the Organisation
The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre is Australia’s only public hospital solely dedicated to cancer and one of an elite group of hospitals worldwide to have its own integrated cancer research program and laboratories.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Gifts in Wills Officer via Pro Bono Australia.