About the Role
- Fantastic development platform for a career in communications
- Join one of Australia’s largest private funding organisations
- Full-time position
This is a rare, entry-level opportunity for someone wishing to develop a career in Communications. Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will primarily be responsible for Communications activities associated with The Ian Potter Cultural Trust and The George Alexander Foundation. This will include occasional inter-state travel to meet various partners and stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include
- preparation of annual reports and newsletters, digital and print based;
- website and social media management, including content development, researching, writing/editing, sourcing content and website analytics;
- events management; and
- video editing.
Skills and experience required
With relevant tertiary qualifications, and approximately two to three years’ practical experience, you possess skills in:
- website management, CMS and database management;
- producing digital content (text & graphics) for websites / social media;
- using digital communications tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Canva, infographics;
- managing social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Vimeo; and
- using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience in an alumni environment and public presentation skills would be highly regarded but are not essential.
You are articulate and well-organised. You also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and display a high level of attention to detail. Able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines, you are a strong team player who can make an outstanding contribution to the work of a small, effective team.
About the Organisation
The Ian Potter Foundation is a major Australian philanthropic foundation that supports and promotes excellence and innovation, facilitating positive social change, and developing Australia’s creativity and capacity as a nation. By providing funding grants to outstanding charitable organisations, it invests in Australia’s innovative and creative people, protection of the environment and alleviation of disadvantage.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.