About the role
Head of Fundraising and Engagement Community Engagement Permanent – Full Time (80 hours per fortnight including ADO) Position Number: 16333 The Community Engagement Team currently has a vacancy for a Head of Fundraising and Engagement. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser ready to take on the challenge of building our fundraising activity. Someone who is strategic, used to working to targets, is driven by outcomes, has excellent people and communication skills and is client focussed. It is exciting times for BHS – 2019 is the 30th Anniversary of the BHS Foundation which gives us the opportunity to review and revitalize our fundraising. With the redevelopment of the Base Hospital site, we also have opportunities to take our fundraising to the next level and lay the foundations for future capital campaigns. The Head of Fundraising and Engagement is a new leadership role for BHS, reporting to the Director of Community Engagement, who will:
- Develop and implement the first comprehensive fundraising strategy for BHS. Based on a review conducted by O’Keefe and Partners in 2017 and an internal review of fundraising and the BHS Foundation, you will develop an annual plan of activities and initiatives across the complete fundraising mix: grant seeking; direct mail; events; community fundraising; bequests; online giving; peer to peer; major gifts; corporate partnerships and personal approach.
- Develop a marketing and communications plan for fundraising at BHS and coordinate a rebrand.
- Develop relationships with new and existing key donors, listening to their philanthropic ambitions and working with BHS to develop key areas of need.
- Review corporate partnerships and sponsorships across BHS and develop relationship management processes.
- Support our community to conduct fundraising events on our behalf.
This role will build on existing income streams, identify new opportunities and secure funding from sources including philanthropic grants, major donors, events and community fundraising. This role will also develop partnerships with key external partners. The Head of Fundraising and Engagement is responsible for managing all aspects of fundraising and business development, including compliance, applications, reporting and acquittals, in addition to ensuring systems are in place to manage donor and stakeholder data. This role will monitor, evaluate and report on activity and on success against targets. Please include your Resume, Cover Letter and address the Key Selection Criteria. Enquiries can be directed to Fiona Brew, Executive Director People and Culture on 5320 9441. All applications must be submitted online via the website – https://ballarathealth.mercury.com.au All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance. BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Fundraising and Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.