About the Role
- Based in Melbourne
- Permanent, Full time
About the Role
Are you a savvy Public Relations (PR) professional, ready for a role that will help to change lives? Perhaps you’re currently in a PR agency, or looking to escape the corporate sector, or maybe you are already part of a communications team at an INGO.
CARE Australia is looking for a Public Relations & Engagement Manager to transform the way we engage with our audiences. While you have a passion for media relations and crisis management, we also need your expertise in designing engagement strategies, amplifying brands, and building partnerships.
Proficient in out-of-the-box thinking, the PR and Engagement Manager will have an up-to-date book of media contacts, key influencers and opinion leaders. They’ll have the experience, contacts and imagination to develop innovative PR solutions that support our campaigns, appeals and key donor initiatives. They will know how to build awareness of CARE, and grow loyalty to our brand.
- Plan, develop, manage and deliver all aspects of strategic public relations communications, activities and events
- Establish strategic partnerships to reach key audiences
- Lead the media aspect of a humanitarian crisis situation
- Provide strategic counsel to CARE Australia’s CEO, senior management and overseas staff
Ideally you will have
- Extensive experience in designing and managing successful PR campaigns
- Strong knowledge of and contacts within the Australian media industry
- Demonstrated expertise in establishing and leveraging brand relationships
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to write for a broad range of audiences and channels
- An experienced spokesperson, with the ability to coach and prepare CARE Australia spokespeople
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
About the Organisation
CARE is a leading international humanitarian aid organisation fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61 9009 7144
Email : Sara.Denby@care.org.au
How to Apply?
To apply for a job with CARE Australia, please review the Candidate Information Pack linked to the relevant vacancy on our careers page (http://www.care.org.au/careers). Please ensure you attach your CV and one page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, when you submit your application.
Questions about the role?
Please contact Sara Denby, Head of Campaigns and Communications at Sara.Denby@care.org.au or +61 9009 7144 (please do not email applications to this address).
Applications Close: 12:01 am (AEDT), Tuesday 8 January 2019
Please quote in application: Public Relations and Engagement Manager via Pro Bono Australia.