About the Role
Reporting to the Office Manager, this position will be responsible for the full function bookkeeping requirements of the Queensland branch of this reputable Not-for-Profit organisation. It will also include administrative support duties such as contracts management tasks and team assistance with reception coverage. This is a full time, permanent position to start immediately, however the start date is flexible pending the successful candidate’s availability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing of all accounts payable and accounts receivable
- End to end payroll functions
- Bank reconciliation
- Maintaining accurate journals
- Assistance with internal and external auditing requirements
- Producing monthly budget progress reports, BAS, preparation of P&L statements and end of year reporting
In addition to the bookkeeping duties of this position, you will also be rostered on the Reception Assistance schedule, and you will assist with the Contracts Management processes in which thorough training will be provided.
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrated full function bookkeeping experience, including payroll, in small to medium-sized organisations
- Exceptional attention to detail – you will be able to pick up on discrepancies and use a highly organised and systematic approach to your work
- Solutions-focused and team player attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a friendly and approachable demeanour
- Adaptable to changing priorities and processes
- Alignment with the company’s key values – proactive, supportive, committed and integrity
- Formal qualifications in bookkeeping and/or accounting is highly desirable but not essential
Benefits & Culture
This organisation fosters a friendly, honest and supportive team environment. Additional benefits include:
- Full time, permanent and varied role
- Competitive base salary with increased superannuation of 14%
- 5 weeks of annual leave plus leave loading
- Travel insurance (family coverage included) and income protection
- Proactive and attentive senior leadership within the organisation
About the Organisation
This is a national suicide prevention charity that focuses on raising awareness, building capacity, providing help and research to the construction industry. It delivers several training programs to various construction organisations that aim to raise awareness about suicide in the workplace, and to make it easy to access help and ensure that assistance is delivered practically, professionally and appropriately.
Apply for this Job
Click on the APPLY button, or contact Laila Sultan on 07 3846 7730
Please quote in application: Bookkeeper via Pro Bono Australia.