About the Role
Vision Australia seeks an experienced senior fundraising and marketing professional to lead, develop and drive national fundraising and marketing initiatives. This role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Based in either Melbourne or Sydney
- Highly regarded charity with exceptional culture
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to manage large highly performing fundraising and marketing teams
About the organisation
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia.
They work in partnership with Australians who are blind or have low vision and support them to live the life they choose. They are an organisation that prides itself on their commitment to mission, their positive culture, and their strategy to make a meaningful difference to the lives of people who are blind or have low vision in the areas of Education, Employment, Independence and Social Inclusion.
They support more than 27,500 people of all ages and life stages, and circumstances. They do this through 28 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; 30 clinics; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
This strategic role will report to the CEO with exposure to the board. With real autonomy to build on the work of the fundraising and marketing functions, you will manage a significant sized team which currently raises a total of $41.8M+ per annum.
The General Manager of Fundraising and Marketing will be responsible for driving profitable growth and engagement from a broad fundraising portfolio currently focussing on Direct Marketing, Regular Giving, Trust and Foundations, Major Gifts, Corporate Partnerships and Bequests. As the successful candidate you will diversify and grow income and work across marketing.
This is an exceptional opportunity and you will operate as a member of the executive team to enhance the national fundraising and marketing efforts. You will be an expert fundraiser and marketer with an outstanding track record in sustainably increasing net income. You will be a proven leader and an outstanding communicator.
- Develop and implement strategy and operational plans for fundraising and marketing to exceed targets
- Lead national efforts and team (team of 41+, 9 direct reports), to implement innovative fundraising and marketing initiatives
- Manage and build strong and deep relationships with key institutional and corporate stakeholders
- Work collaboratively across the organisation and ensure that the leadership team and CEO are fully engaged
- Provide regular reports on effectiveness of fundraising and marketing to the CEO
- Maintain safe workplace by ensuring staff, volunteers and clients are adequately supervised and receive appropriate training, information and instruction relating to workplace health and safety
- Contribute to and take responsibility for the collective performance of Vision Australia as a whole
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated success and experience in an executive level role implementing revenue generating initiatives
- Proven ability to lead high-performing teams in fundraising and marketing
- Passion for making a difference to people across Australia
- Capacity for creative, innovative, dynamic and strategic thinking
- Experience developing and managing brand and digital marketing
- Ability to measure and report outcomes of fundraising and marketing activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive and develop trust and maintain flourishing working relationships
- Values led, authentic, genuine, dynamic and focussed with high levels of integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- An inspiring and empowering management style with proven success in developing and managing teams
This role offers the opportunity to work in a genuinely positive and collaborative culture. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on people’s lives!
Applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision are strongly encouraged.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send an up to date resume to Rosheen@beaumontpeople.com.au
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: General Manager of Fundraising and Marketing via Pro Bono Australia.