About the role
Western Sydney is Australia’s most culturally diverse region. Growth over the last 30 years has been driven by refugees and economic migrants from across Asia, India, Africa and South America.
The region is marked by extreme disadvantage but with the growth of economic hubs there is also an emerging wealth.
It is within this dynamic that the Diocese of Parramatta was created in 1989 to serve the faithful and provide ministry to those in need. The funds from the foundation are used to provide pastoral care, family and parenting support services, disability services, gambling and financial counselling, drop in and neighbour centres.
Benefits & Culture
- Newly created Foundation supporting Australia’s most vibrant Catholic diocese
- Raise significant funds from major donors and gifts in wills
- Parramatta based, paid parking & attractive salary
Supporting the priorities of the Foundation you will be responsible for the strategic management and operational execution of the major gifts and gifts in wills program. Specifically you will:
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and provide stewardship of major and mid-value benefactors
- Launch and lead the Parramatta Catholic Foundation Gifts in Wills Program
- Manage a portfolio of prospects and benefactors
- Develop proposals and ensure effective cultivation to secure significant gifts
- Participate in strategic planning across fundraising and donor communication strategy
This role would be suited to a candidate with experience raising significant funds in a large, complex organisation either through philanthropic fundraising or relationship based sales. You will be experienced in having purposeful conversations with a wide range of people that leads to securing major gifts/significant revenue.
The key to your success in this role will be:
- Proven experience managing major donor giving / client relationships from end to end
- Emotional intelligence with a communication style that engages a wide range of people
- Demonstrated experience in navigating large scale and highly complex environments
- The ability to work in alignment with the values of the Catholic Church and its traditions
To help advance the work of this Catholic Diocese please apply by sending your cover letter and resume in MS Word format. Alternatively, please call Lisa Morell 02 8243 0570.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Philanthropy & Gifts in Wills Manager via Pro Bono Australia.