About the role
The Head of Fundraising and Marketing’s primary purpose is to create the marketing and fundraising strategy for Cystic Fibrosis Community Care and to lead a small team to deliver key fundraising activities across Victoria.
Reporting to the CEO, this senior role will lead, inspire and motivate the fundraising team to deliver successful campaigns and initiatives. With responsibility for devising and implementing the Fundraising Strategy across a range of activities, the Marketing and Fundraising Manager will empower the team to identify opportunities for innovation and growth. The role is responsible for the overall planning, development and implementation of the organisation’s marketing strategies and works closely with the Communications and Media Manager to develop marketing communications.
Key responsibilities and duties
We are seeking someone who will:
- lead the Fundraising and Events team to administer and deliver upcoming events and activities,
- oversee the support and growth of our community fundraising network
- oversee the design, development and delivery of appeals
Specifically the role will:
- provide leadership and manage a small team
- develop and implement a sound sponsorship and corporate partnership strategy
- draft submissions and secure grants from Foundations and Trusts
- oversee implementation of large-scale appeals and events
- support and guide a team through a campaign period
- oversee budgets and assist with report writing.
- manage selected special projects as directed by the CEO
Required skills and experience
The role suits an experienced leader with a successful track record in planning and executing charitable events. You will have a solid background in the not-for-profit sector and will have demonstrated experience managing teams in a similar capacity.
Additionally the ideal candidate will;
- be an experienced leader who is comfortable leading a small team
- be a creative thinker with critical thinking skills
- have demonstrated experience in planning and implementing activities that support and contribute to the long term goals of CF Community Care
- have a proven ability to fundraise and gain funds
- have an understanding of the not-for-profit sector in order to generate fundraising endeavours
- be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
About the organisation
CF Community Care has been created from the merger of Cystic Fibrosis Victoria and Cystic Fibrosis NSW.
The mission of CF Community Care is to increase the well-being and quality of life of people living with CF, and promote broader awareness of CF. It does this through the provision of advocacy, support and information services, research, public awareness programs and fundraising.
Central to its work are its values and a commitment to: respect and inclusiveness, integrity, pursuing excellence, valuing staff and volunteers and working in partnership.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Fundraising and Marketing via Pro Bono Australia.