About the role
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will form a core part of McAuley Community Services for women’s Executive Leadership Team and will be responsible for leading McAuley Community Services for Women’s efforts in advocacy and communications, marketing and fundraising.
– Developing an annual communications and marketing strategy for McAuley, incorporating content planning, marketing and fundraising campaigns, advocacy activities and stakeholder engagement and overseeing implementation
– Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships with donors, corporates, partners, supporters and the media
– Supporting McAuley to advocate for key issues among decision makers and the broader community
– Managing the communications, marketing and fundraising function, along with any relevant committees
– Designing and leading the implementation of major fundraising, marketing and communications campaigns
– Developing key documents for the organisation , e.g.: major proposals for funding
Please refer to the position description attached for a full list of key responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Marketing and Fundraising or similar.
• Extensive experience working in advocacy, fundraising, marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, advocacy, or similar
• Ability to drive and motivate a highly competent team
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills including the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• High work ethic, self-motivated, and outcomes-focused
• An innovative, collaborative, and creative approach to work.
What We Offer:
• Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
• Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
• Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as McAuley all staff training
• A focus on work/life balance within a great team environment
• Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
• The option to purchase leave if desired
• A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence and homelessness
Salary to be negotiated, commensurate with experience. This role is offered as a 3 year contract
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community… so poverty and homelessness can be eradicated.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Advocacy, Marketing and Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.