About the role
We are recruiting someone who is passionate about what we do; someone who appreciates good governance, process and policy, and puts the needs of the community first and foremost. Prior Chair experience in the NFP sector and/or who has overseen the rapid growth and expansion of a grass roots organization would be advantageous.
The MDA Board Chair is responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership and effective governance to the organisation
- Regularly reviewing the Strategic Plan in conjunction with Founders and other Board Members.
- Liaising and interfacing with the Executive Officer (EO) as the primary contact between the board and management
- Overseeing and facilitating board, committee, board member and EO evaluation reviews and succession planning.
- Serving as spokesperson for the organisation as appropriate.
- Promoting the organisation in the community as opportunities arise.
- Nurturing beneficial external stakeholder relationships through networking opportunities.
- Facilitating open and constructive communications amongst board members and encouraging their contribution to board deliberations.
Full position description provided below.
About the organisation
Motherless Daughters Australia (MDA) represents, informs, supports and connects women and girls whose mums have died, to help navigate the everyday and life’s key milestones.
MDA has a growing community of over 5000 women and girls and provides a number of support offerings with a view to improve self-esteem, confidence, stress and grief management, alleviate feelings of depression, anxiety and improve overall health and well-being of motherless daughters including:
- Face to face events and peer support opportunities;
- Online National Support Group;
- Online initiatives to assist women and girls process the loss of and honour their mothers;
- Children’s initiatives for both boys and girls (Memories of Mum Journals + Build A Memory Box)
- Fact sheets.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter outlining your expertise and interest in the position, along with a brief CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 14 July, 2021.
Please quote in application: Board Chair via Pro Bono Australia.