About the Role
Two Directors for highly regarded Not For Profit
• Both positions require Finance/Accounting expertise
• Opportunity to Chair the Audit & Risk Committee
• Voluntary positions
Anchor Inc is a highly regarded homelessness and out of home care service provider across Outer Eastern Melbourne. Two opportunities exist to join the Anchor Board at an exciting time with a capable Board in place and major projects underway.
Anchor has a 40-year history of providing essential support to vulnerable families and young people experiencing homelessness or engaged in foster care, kinship care and related services. We make it possible for people to attain a safe, secure and stable home. A highly regarded staff group, committed carers and strong partnerships with government and community organisations underpin Anchor’s status as a preferred service provider in Outer Eastern Melbourne.
About the role:
The Anchor Board is seeking to recruit two suitably qualified Directors. One of the Directors will be recruited to Chair Anchor’s Audit & Risk Committee. The Anchor Board comprises a dedicated and impassioned group of skilled professionals and adheres to high standards of governance. The incoming Directors will make important contributions to the work of this highly regarded not-for-profit service delivery organisation.
The Directors would be expected to:
• Have achieved and maintain a CA/CPA/IPA accounting qualification.
• Commit on average 8 hours per month to Anchor meetings and associated tasks.
Skills and experience:
The Treasurer would have developed the following skills and experience:
• A willingness to engage in the full range of governance matters raised with the Board.
• Advise the CEO and Business Manager with regards to the annual budget, Board finance reporting, external audit and annual financial statements.
• Governance training and a current knowledge of not-for-profit financial governance and taxation regulations.
• Commercial acumen and experience in advising a board on financial strategy, project financing and its risk profile.
If you would like to apply or find out further information about this position, please visit anchor.org.au or contact Anchor’s Nominations Committee Chair Andrew Cameron (0434 687 067).
Please submit a CV in application for one of the positions. A follow up phone call will be arranged with each interested applicant.
A current satisfactory National Police Check – renewable every three years – is a mandatory requirement for Anchor Board members. Anchor will fund probity checks for successful applicants.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0434687067
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board of Directors x 2 via Pro Bono Australia.