About the Role
The 4C’s Cancer Support Group is a Women’s Cancer Support & Social Group.
We provide support and friendship for women affected by cancer in a caring & friendly environment.
4C’s seeks enthusiastic people with a range of interests and life experiences who can bring a fresh perspective. Potential candidates will need to have:
– an interest in helping in a community organisation
– a desire to take on a hands on role
– time to participate in monthly COM meetings (about two hours).
– assist in organising and helping the organisation continue to provide support to the community
– desire to be part of a team in a respectful and supportive environment
– lives in the Northern suburbs. We are mainly Greensborough, Eltham, Diamond Creek, Bundoora, Watsonia and neighbouring suburbs. One committee member lives in Heidelberg and a lot of the members go to Heidelberg for treatment Eg.Austin, Waringal, ONJ.
Duties will include:
– General support to the Committee as required – including responsibility of mail notifications to relevant group member (Only required when the current communications person is away)
– First point of contact for the group – via email and would then pass on information to the relevant committee members.
– Update online media to ensure 4C’s details are current and correct and explore options for further exposure
– Creation of a Committee Member rule and information handbook, including mission statement, history and future aims etc
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Volunteers of Banyule
Phone : 03 9497 2777
Please quote in application: Committee Member x 2 via Pro Bono Australia.