About the Role
The Sunflower Foundation aims to empower women and girls in developing countries through educational programs that benefit the whole community by providing long-term sustainable outcomes. We raise awareness of the benefits of women’s education in developing countries, building relationships that facilitate sustainable development at a grassroots level. In educating girls, we strive to end social and economic sufferings such as child marriage, child trafficking, and premature death resulting from teenage pregnancy, as well as economic inequality and instability.
The Volunteer Head of Enabling will have primary responsibility for overseeing the establishing and implementing of the infrastructure needed to grow income through fundraising efforts, philanthropic grants, special events, and corporate support. The volunteer will expand and diversify Sunflower Foundation’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build the Foundation’s financial resources through fundraising, events and corporate relations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee, direct, and organise the work of the various teams within the portfolio;
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
• Ensure volunteers receive timely and appropriate training, development and feedback.
• Establish and monitor volunteer performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct regular performance reviews.
• Mentor and develop volunteers using a supportive and collaborative approach; assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
Skills Required for the Position:
• Strategy development, implementation and execution skills
• Capability to build and lead teams to achieve successful outcomes
• Capacity to lead change to achieve improved outcomes
• Leadership experience outlined in the Responsibilities and Duties
• Alignment with the Foundation’s values – equality, justice, integrity, compassion, collaboration, learning and openness.
Please send a cover letter outlining how your experience is suited to the position and an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 14 March 2018.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Volunteer – Head of Enabling via Pro Bono Australia.