About the Role
Working alongside the service managers for our Shower and Laundry team your role will be focused on helping us grow our services and reach more friends. Our current Melbourne CBD service includes a team of over 100 dedicated volunteers who run shifts weekly to deliver free laundry and showers from our two vans based from South Melbourne. We are looking for someone to support the leadership team with developing new locations for us to operate our services in.
• Values based and progressive not-for-profit organisation.
• AMAZING team of volunteers who operate our laundry & Shower vans day in and day out.
• Endless opportunities for growth and development!
YOUR NEW FAMILY: Orange Sky Australia, founded in 2014 by friends Lucas Patchett and Nicholas Marchesi, is a not-for-profit organisation providing free mobile laundry and shower services to people experiencing homelessness. Through a network of 24+ vans and 1200+ amazing volunteers, our services are now positively connecting communities all around Australia.
THIS ROLE: This role is an Assistant Service Manager role with a focus on Outreach Development and growing our service. Working alongside the service managers for our Shower and Laundry team your role will be focused on helping us grow our services and reach more friends. Our current Melbourne CBD service includes a team of over 100 dedicated volunteers who run shifts weekly to deliver free laundry and showers from our two vans based from South Melbourne.
We are looking for someone to support the leadership team with developing new locations for us to operate our services in. We have one laundry van and one shower van operating in the Melbourne CBD and inner city suburbs (St Kilda, Richmond, Fitzroy, Preston). Our vision is to have these vans operating everyday of the week, out three times a day. We need help finding more locations and setting up shifts for our vans to help more people.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Research potential service providers (meal programs, housing, health services etc.)
- Work with the service manager on growth plans for the service.
- Build relationships with service provider partners
- Understanding of safety culture at Orange Sky Australia
- Ensure all sites meet Orange Sky Australia policy i.e waste/water/safety
- Conducting risk assessments of new sites
- Scope potential sites
- Coordinate volunteers for site inspections
- Use our project management platform to keep stakeholders informed
Also in this role, to get a better understanding of what happens on shift it will be a requirement for this role to also occasionally go out and participate on a shift. This could be a two hour shift once a fortnight.
Structure: This role reports into the volunteer service managers for Shower and Laundry. This role will be guided and supported by the service manager but will require working independently to get the job done.
Apart from being great with people, the ideal applicant will demonstrate the following:
- Strong commitment to our core mission, vision and values;
- Fantastic problem solving skills;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and online programs such as Gmail and Asana;
- Willingness to learn new programs and systems, such as the Orange Sky Australia Portal;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities;
- Clear written and verbal communication;
- Positive and non-judgmental approach;
- A genuine passion for helping our friends on the street!
- Highly organised and great communication skills
- Understanding of the community sector
- Relationship & account management background
- HSE principles understanding
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0420979086
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Outreach Development Coordinator - Orange Sky Melbourne CBD via Pro Bono Australia.