About the Role
Street Child is currently expanding its operations to Sri Lanka, in an attempt to serve increasing
numbers of children in need. Whilst now ranked as a middle-income country by the World Bank and
classed by the United Nations Development Programme as a “high” bracket country within its
Human Development Index, Sri Lanka faces very specific challenges when it comes to providing
quality education to all sections of its population, with significant disparities found in educational access and attainment across the country’s regions.
Street Child is seeking flexible, adaptable and independent individuals who can thrive in an
unstructured “start-up” environment to assist with our work. We are looking for two talented
Teacher Training Volunteers to mentor local English teachers to help us achieve our aim of
improving teaching quality and educational attainment in the North-East region.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Observing lessons to identify gaps in the curriculum and areas for improvement
– Developing teaching resources and lesson plans
– Developing and implementing a local curriculum
– Training local teachers on new teaching methodologies and techniques
– Monitoring and evaluating project progress
As a volunteer, you will be part of an exciting stage of the organisation’s growth, and will be working closely with the Street Child of Sri Lanka team and partner organisations to support the design and development of emerging programs and the delivery of project pilots.
● Qualified teacher, with several years teaching experience
● Fluency in both English and Tamil
● Experience of training/mentoring other teachers is desirable
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Teacher Trainer x2 (Fully Funded – Sri Lanka) via Pro Bono Australia.