About the Role
3MBS is a community broadcasting station operating within the terms of a licence granted by the Australian Communications & Media Authority (ACMA) to the Music Broadcasting Society of Victoria, a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, to serve the fine music community of Melbourne.
The company is managed by a Board of Directors, which employs a General Manager with responsibility for day-to-day operations. It is mainly volunteer-based but also employs five full time and eight part time staff. 3MBS funding is derived from the community it serves, from individual subscribers and donors, organisations, grants and sponsors relevant to the 3MBS community.
The Board is seeking someone with CPA/CA qualifications to take on the role of Treasurer (non-renumerated). Not-for-profit experience will be highly regarded.
The person will be required to become a member of the Music Broadcasting Society and may be co-opted to the Board to fill this role until the next Annual General Meeting, when they may stand for election. Board members are currently elected for a two-year term and may serve no more than three terms.
In both cases, it is a requirement for the person to be a member of the Music Broadcasting Society of Victoria Limited, a company limited by guarantee. The annual fee is $22 ($20 + $2 GST) and the liability for each member is limited to $20.
The Board is currently made up of ten (10) members, and under the Constitution, can have up to 12 Directors.
The Treasurer has the responsibility of keeping the organisational finances on track to reach defined goals and not putting the organisation or themselves at financial risk. The Treasurer will be expected to:
- safeguard the assets of the organisation
- oversee the financial administration of the organisation
- review financial procedures
- provide guidance and oversee financial reporting in keeping with the legislation and the Society’s Constitution
- oversee the preparation of the Board’s financial strategy
- provide advice on Term Deposits
- assist with the annual budgeting process in close collaboration with the General Manager and the Board
- attend monthly Board meetings
- chair the Finance Audit and Risk Management Committee (generally meets quarterly)
- chair the Responsible Persons Committee as part of meeting (tax) Deductible Gift Status requirements (meets twice annually)
- present the annual financial report to the members at the Annual General Meeting
Expressions of interest and CVs should be emailed to email@example.com. Please contact the Chairman, Chris Howlett (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you wish to discuss the position before submitting an expression of interest.
Closing Date: Monday, 17 September 2018 but may be extended.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Treasurer/Director via Pro Bono Australia.