About the Role
Anglicare’s dynamic, collaborative and dedicated Fundraising and Events team are passionate about raising funds and increasing awareness, helping to make a meaningful difference with some of the most challenging problems faced by society’s vulnerable people, such as homelessness, young people in crisis and caring for the aged. To help support this important work, we are looking for an experienced fundraising professional to join our CBD-based team, working full time, with a focus on Trusts & Foundations, grants and general donor development.
The responsibilities of the Officer, Fundraising are to develop and implement a plan to secure Trusts & Foundations, Community Grants, Corporate Partnerships, Government Funding and large donations. The role will also contribute to achieving financial targets, coordinate grant applications and develop new donor plans and programs.
We will be interviewing for this position in December, but are expecting the successful applicant to commence work mid-January 2018.
With a strong and successful background in fundraising, your career will include experience within the government or commercial sectors, you will be dedicated to the development and growth of Anglicare’s programs, and able to offer:
- Substantial experience in grants – including research, identifying opportunities and writing of successful tenders
- Capacity to develop significant growth within the Trusts and Foundations sector by utilising your already well-established network within the corporate sector
- Assistance in the development and implementation of campaigns and projects including targets and timeframes
- Ability to grow donor engagement and giving behaviours through exciting and contemporary strategies
- Well-developed communication skills, with a flair for writing and creating compelling business cases
Along with your exceptional work ethic, you will be a results-focused team player with the following attributes:
- Superb relationship skills and the ability to develop rapport quickly with a wide range of stakeholders
- A self-starter who can manage your own large workload while working collaboratively within a small team environment
- Enthusiastic, able to hit the ground running, and create successful results within a short timeframe
- Creative, outside the box thinking with a focus on both strategic and operational goals
- Well organised with strong time management, and experience working within multiple timeframes and deadlines
You will be required to hold a relevant degree in Fundraising, Philanthropy or similar; a National Police Certificate and current Queensland Driver Licence.
What We Offer
Anglicare SQ is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. Along with the opportunity to further develop your fundraising and networking skills in a busy and challenging role, our successful candidate will enjoy:
- The opportunity to work within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals
- Genuine and ongoing opportunity for personal and professional development
- A CBD location, with easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
- Plenty of choice for coffee and lunch with numerous cafes, restaurants and a local Woolies
- Full time hours with the chance increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
About the Organisation
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.
Apply for this Job
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
To submit an application click ‘Apply’ below or visit http://anglicaresq.org.au/career/and refer to job number S3175
For further information please contact
Tiffany Berg on 07 3838 7682
Applications close Friday 8th December 2017
Assistance from Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Please quote in application: Officer – Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.