Mission / Objective
Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association’s mission is to enhance the lives of people with a disability through community engagement and education, sport and healthy activity.
• LinkUp advisory service
• Disability sport programs and events
• Financial subsidies for athletes • Junior Development Program for athletes 12-19 years
• Fitness and rehabilitation services
• Recreation program • Equipment hire
• Community education and engagement (including workshops, forums)
• Consultancy services
Children and adults with a physical disability or vision impairment, their families, and the wider community through the development of inclusive sport and recreation services for people of all abilities.
Projects in Progress
1. We provide sport, recreation, fitness and rehabilitation programs and services for people with disabilities so they can lead active, healthy lives and achieve their sporting dreams.
2. We work with mainstream sport and active recreation organisations to help create more opportunities for people with a disability to participate as players, coaches, officials, administrators and volunteers at the level of their choice.
3. We work with disability service providers to encourage more people with a disability to be active and engaged in community-based sport and recreation.
4. We actively promote sport and recreation for people with a disability and the achievements of athletes with a disability through community education and awareness activities.
The Association’s Management Team is available at: http://www.sportingwheelies.org.au/about-us/meet-our-team
Names of Board Members
The Association’s Board members and governance information is available at: http://www.sportingwheelies.org.au/about-us/corporate-governance
Donation on Tax Deductible
How to Help
Wills and Bequests
For full information on making a bequest to Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association, visit http://www.sportingwheelies.org.au/support-us.
For full information on making a donation to Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association, visit http://www.sportingwheelies.org.au/support-us.
For more information on how to support the Association, including corporate sponsorship and in-kind support, visit http://www.sportingwheelies.org.au/support-us.
Work with us
The Association relies on the support of volunteers to help deliver programs and services across Queensland. Volunteering for the Association is a rewarding experience, and can also provide valuable work experience for people looking to study or work in the disability/community/sport/recreation/fitness sectors. For more information on volunteering opportunities and benefits, visit http://www.sportingwheelies.org.au.