SVA INSTITUTE ESSENTIALS SERIES Advertorial
12 May 2003 at 1:05 pm
SVA INSTITUTE ESSENTIALS SERIES – Advertorial
Equipping organisations for success
The SVA Institute is running a unique event in Sydney next month to bring essential resources for success to Not for Profit organisations.
The inaugural Essentials Series 2003 will include one and a half days of expert coaching, workshops, coaching clinics, advice booths and opportunities to network with colleagues.
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) was founded in May 2002 by a partnership between the AMP Foundation, The Benevolent Society, The Smith Family and Work Ventures (see Volume 5 Edition 9).
SVA resources and supports social ventures (that is, groups or organisations seeking to improve society) by providing business mentoring, resources, expertise and funding in collaboration with the commercial, government and social sectors.
The Essentials Series is the signature event of the newly-formed SVA Institute, which has been established as a unique vehicle through which to showcase, build best practice and capture knowledge and learning in the social sector.
The event will feature:
– Leading keynote speakers from the business and the community sectors;
– Showcasing of Not for Profit ventures;
– Roundtable learning workshops on core organisational issues including scaling and growing, managing volunteers, monitoring outcomes, strategic partnerships and alliances, mentoring;
– Advice booths by SVA partner corporations on legal, financial, insurance marketing issues;
– A Leaders’/ Board members networking breakfast; and
– A half day ‘coaching clinic’ for ventures on marketing , fundraising and event management, contracts and submissions, performance, staff recruitment and retention, business planning and investments.
The Essentials Series is to be held at the Swiss Grand Hotel, Bondi Beach, NSW on June 26-27.
Attendance at the series is recommended for Not for Profit leaders, Program Managers and Coordinators, Business partners and those interested in working with the Not for Profit sector, Social Entrepreneurs, Government program managers; as well as funders and grant makers.
“The Essentials Series promises to equip you with the tools for success now and into your organisation’s future,” says Jan Owen AM, Essentials Series Convenor. Around 250 attendees are expected.
For more information and to register for the event, visit the SVA website www.socialventures.com.au/resources/essentials/
A Melbourne Series will be held in November 2003.