Free Tool for Community Orgs - Advertorial
Monday, 16th February 2004 at 12:02 pm
• Are you working with a spread-out group of people and finding it hard to all make it to meetings?
• Is your printed newsletter costing you too much time and money or arriving too late to be useful?
• Is keeping your email list up-to-date driving you crazy – do you want your members to update their own email addresses, subscribe or unsubscribe?
• Do you need a quick, simple website for your organisation, working party, project or for yourself?
• Have you already got a website that you want to update yourself – add newsletters, events or a photo gallery – but don’t know how?
• Do you have members or the public contacting you every day, asking you the same questions or wanting to put out a notice or query to your membership?
• Got members who want to talk to each other?
These are common problems in the community or Not for Profit sector. A new tool called My Connected Community is designed to help you work more efficiently and effectively. It’s FREE and free training is available, wherever you are.
My Connected Community (known as mc²) is a free community website that allows communities of people (be they a support group, working party, special interest group or social group) to keep in touch via a website, particularly in cases where the group can not meet regularly, because of time or geographical constraints. The site has tools that make communication much more useful and effective than printed newsletters, email newsletters, an email list-server or Yahoo Groups.
mc² features include: Forum, Chat, Shared Files, Shared Photos, Notice Board, Web Pages, Polls, Events and
• free training for people who live in Victoria
• helpdesk open till midnight every night
• set up any number of groups – public access or secure members-only groups
PLUS every person who joins mc² also gets a free virtual office (personal webpages, online diary, to do list, file storage, photo album, webmail, etc).
Visit the site http://mc2.vicnet.net.au
For more information and training assistance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org