Empowering Conference – NFP Special Offer
Monday, 24th May 2004 at 1:05 pm
Be quick! Social Enterprise Partnerships is offering one Pro Bono Australia NFP reader a free registration to the 1st National Strategy Conference on Empowering Individuals and Families in the Human Services taking place in Melbourne this Thursday 27th and Friday 28th May, 2004.
This national strategy conference will bring together key people from the human services sector to further an agenda of empowerment for individuals and families in the fields of health, welfare, disability, mental health, aged care, early childhood development, youth, schools, special education, employment and training, personal and family supports, and community development.
It is a strategy conference with a practical orientation towards project development, partnership formation, and public policy agenda-setting. Its purpose is to explore what must be done – in communities, government departments, service providers, social institutions, and philanthropic foundations – to further an empowerment agenda.
Empowering means person-centred arrangements and relationships in social policy and service delivery, as distinct from institution or agency-centred systems.
The conference will explore projects, models and strategies which
– tackle the fragmentation in human services across program, provider, disciplinary and jurisdictional boundaries
– pool funding streams from various programs in person-centred practice using budget-holding mechanisms
– develop person-centred information systems across disciplines and programs
– introduce new forms of information provision about service availability, quality and pricing
– develop new governance models for empowerment
– introduce new learning models for empowerment
– Judy Ellis NSW Family Advocacy
– Jenny Shale Loganlea State High School, Brisbane
– George Vassiliou Person by Person
– Chris Watts Westgate Division of General Practice
– Deb Rouget Personalised Lifestyle Assistance Project
– Ray Lewis greypath.com
– Tim Budge South Kingsville Health Services Co-operative Ltd
– Frank Lynch, Australian Disability Support Alliance
– Philanthropists, social investors and entrepreneurs wishing to support innovation
The first NFP reader to e-mail their desire to attend this important conference will win the free registration. Send your email to email@example.com.
Or you can register on-line at: http://www.partnerships.org.au/