Connecting Up 2005 - Advertorial
18 April 2005 at 1:04 pm
Connecting Up 2005- Information and Communications Technology for Australian Communities conference kicks off on 2-3 May, 2005 at the Hyatt Regency in Adelaide, South Australia.
Connecting Up 2005 is the second national conference organised by Community Information Strategies Australia (CISA Inc) highlighting successful partnerships between government, business and community in information and communications technology (ICT) projects.
Keynote speakers include the Federal Shadow Minister for Communications and Information Technology, Senator Stephen Conroy, the Executive Director of CompuMentor, USA Phil Ferrante-Roseberry and the Project Manager, ICT Consortium, UK, Nicola Thompson plus 52 local and interstate presenters.
Over 200 delegates from across Australia attended the highly successful Connecting up 2004.
Who should attend?
– Not for Profit Organisations, to learn about what strategies other organisations are using to get the best from their IT resources
– Community representatives, to share experiences and gather ideas about how IT can help meet your goals
– Government Representatives, to stay in touch with community sector needs and current ground-breaking projects from around Australia involving governments, communities and businesses working together.
– Business Representatives, to network and promote what their business can do to work with not-for-profits and the government sector for mutual benefit
– To provide a platform for innovative communities, businesses and governments around Australia to share their experiences, successes and lessons learned from projects designed to build ICT capacity in communities.
– Promote the social and economic benefits for disadvantaged and isolated communities of access to low-cost, high quality ICT infrastructure.
– Provide opportunities for like-minded not-for-profits, communities, governments and businesses to build networks and develop joint projects.
Connecting Up 2005 is sponsored by:
– SA Department for Families and Communities (DFC)
– Federal Department of Communications IT and the Arts (DCITA)
– SA Dept of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology (DFEEST) – Science, Technology and Innovation Directorate
– mNet Corporation
– Vectra Corporation
– C&PA SA Pty. Ltd
– Hewlett Packard
– Voda Communications
– TwoKeys Pty. Ltd
For more information including a current program, presenter abstracts / bios and bookings please visit www.communIT.info/conference or contact Gary Beelitz on 08 8212 8555.