Snapshot - Gates Foundation
Monday, 11th September 2006 at 1:09 pm
This edition’s snapshot looks at the work load of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation – and you thought you were busy!
– The Gates Foundation receives on average 360 funding applications a week!
– In the five weeks following the announcement that Warren Buffet would combine his fortune with the Gates Foundation, the organisation received 11-thousand applications for funding (this is not typographical error!)
– The Gates Foundation has 270 employees
– It holds a corpus of $29.2 billion
– Total grant commitments since its inception is $10.5 billion
– Total 2005 grant payments: $1.36 billion
The challenge now is to give away more money than it has ever had before!