Leadership In Corporate Giving
Thursday, 14th December 2006 at 9:40 am
One of the largest real estate companies in Australia L.J Hooker has received the Leadership in Corporate Giving Award as part of the fourth annual “Thank You” Day celebrations by Research Australia.
The award, one of seven announced recently at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, was presented to Warren McCarthy, Managing Director and CEO of L.J. Hooker at a black tie ceremony.
The award is given for leadership, generosity and support in building a stronger Australian health and medical research environment.
Cystic Fibrosis Australia nominated L.J. Hooker for the award to acknowledge the company for its significant contribution to research into Cystic Fibrosis (CF).
Since 1998 when L.J Hooker became the charity’s national sponsor the L.J. Hooker network has raised more than $1.7 million dollars through the support of some 600 LJ Hooker offices, with several thousand staff.
The money raised has funded researchers around Australia.
Delta Goodrum is the Patron and face of the "Thank You" day awards.
Six other awards were presented for the "Thank You" Day celebrations, they include:
– Ricky Ponting – Celebrity Advocacy Award for the Children’s Cancer Institute Australia.
– Former NSW Premier Neville Wran received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his work with the Victor Chang Cardiac Research.
– The National Leadership in Advocacy Award went to the Federal Minister for Health and Ageing Hon. Tony Abbott for his personal commitment to raisings funds the Westmead Millennium Institute through the Pollie Pedal bike ride.
– Sir Gustav Nossal was honoured for his role in health and medical research including his role with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
– Dr Norman Swan ABC Health Commentator received the Award for Health Research in the Media.
– Mr Carlo Salteri was honoured with the Macquarie Bank Foundation Great Australian Philanthropy Award for his donations to the Heart Research Institute.