Transurban Issues First Sustainability Report
14 December 2006 at 9:46 am
The Transurban Group in Australia has released its first sustainability report.
Transurban is an international toll road developer and investor with major assets in Australia, one asset in the US, and emerging interests in the US and the UK. The company focuses on the long-term ownership and management of advanced electronic toll roads.
The 2006 Transurban Sustainability Report covers the Group’s social, economic and environmental performance, reflecting its strong commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
The report is based on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) draft G3 guidelines. It outlines Transurban’s main sustainability challenges, its approach to stakeholder engagement and its commitments to the community, the environment, its customers and employees.
– Results of Transurban’s first Stakeholder 360TM review
– 17 case studies providing insight into Transurban’s CSR programs and approach
– Information on industry leading customer programs including Transurban’s independent customer ombudsman and customer charters
– Details of innovative employee-led sustainable travel and workplace giving programs
– Transurban’s environment and community relations principles
– An outline of Transurban’s planned Environment Management System (EMS)
– A listing of more than 50 community initiatives supported by Transurban in 2005-06
The report was independently assured by URS Corporation using the AA1000 Assurance Standard and also includes an index of compliance against GRI. It covers activities from 30 June 2005 to 1 July 2006.