Leading Sustainable Business in 2008 - ACCSR Conference
Friday, 14th December 2007 at 2:44 pm
Start the new year with the information you need. ACCSR’s 2nd Annual Conference called Raising the Bar: Leading Sustainable Business in 2008
ACCSR’s 2008 annual conference is being held in collaboration with the United Nations Global Compact and is being hosted by Westpac.
When: Wednesday 20th February 2008
8.30am – 5.30pm
Where: Westpac Conference Centre
275 Kent Street, Sydney
The conference will explore the major international and domestic trends and policy developments affecting corporate social responsibility and sustainability. What will the new government mean for CSR and sustainability?
Hear from leaders in business, government and civil society on the drivers for sustainable business in 2008, including:
– Gavin Jennings MLC, Minister for Environment, Climate Change & Innovation (VIC)
– Deena Shiff, Group Managing Director, Telstra Business
– Graeme Innes, Human Rights Commissioner
– Gareth Edgecombe, Managing Director, Coca-Cola Australia
– Professor David Kinley, Chair in Human Rights Law, Sydney University
– Frank Costigan QC, Chairman, Transparency International
– Alex Malley, President, CPA Australia
– Paul Hohnen, International Sustainability Expert
– Don Henry, Executive Director, Australian Conservation Foundation
– Campbell Hanan, Group Executive, Investment Portfolio, Investa
– Sharan Burrow, President, Australian Council of Trade Unions, and
– A senior executive from Westpac
The UN Global Compact is the world’s largest CSR initiative. Endorsed by the 2007 G8 Summit and by leading businesses around the world, at the Leaders Summit held in July 2007, the Compact asks participants to commit to principles that advance the environment, human rights, labour and anti-corruption.
This conference will provide practical insights into the challenges of leading sustainable business in these areas.
Register now to qualify for the first early bird rate which finishes on 14th December.
For more information and a registration form go to: http://www.accsr.com.au/html/learning.htm