Comic Relief Grants Program
11 March 2008 at 1:36 pm
Money’s no laughing matter, so if you’re serious about securing a Comic Relief Australia Funding Grant – it’s time to apply.
Grants are available for capital costs and project costs:
Small Grants: $5000 or less
Open Grants: More than $5000 but not more than $50,000
Funding Round Opens 18 February 2008
Applications close 4 April 2008
(Applications postmarked 4 April 2008 will be accepted)
CRA grant making PRIORITY AREAS for projects within Australia are:
– Young children and teenagers – who are forced to live and work on the streets, or who are victims of physical or emotional abuse;
– Teenagers – who experience problems with drugs and alcohol, or who are suicidal;
– Indigenous Australians – who live in deprived communities and do not have the resources to enable them to make the changes they need to improve their lives;
– Refugees and asylum seekers – who come to Australia in search of freedom and safety;
– People with disabilities – who need help to gain equal rights and realise their full potential; and
– Volunteer projects – (such as, emergency and community services) especially in rural and remote areas of Australia.
Volunteering Australia acts as Grants Manager for Projects funded within Australia. In all priority areas, the Grants Manager is interested in how your organisation involves volunteers.
To be eligible to apply for a Comic Relief Australia grant your organisation needs to:
– Be a formally constituted ‘Not for Profit’ organisation in Australia;
– Have DGR deductible gift recipient status; and
– Involve volunteers in your work.
(Limited funds may be available for distribution to organisations without DGR status
Details about projects funded by Comic Relief Australia in 2006 and 2007 are available on www.volunteeringaustralia.org
Enquiries may also be made by telephone on 03 9820 4100 or email email@example.com