Connecting Up Conference 2009 on Technology and Social Media
30 March 2009 at 4:51 pm
Online fundraising, Twitter, Facebook What’s next? An top line up of keynote presentations on technology and social media at the 2009 Connecting Up Conference in Sydney in May is set to answer all your questions.
The theme of this year’s conference is How technology, social media and networking is changing the way nonprofit organisations operate, communicate and connect with their supporters, members and beneficiaries.
Where: Sydney Novotel Brighton
When: Monday 11 May and Tuesday 12 May 2009
The conference has keynote presentations, workshops, panels and discussions. Keynote speakers, who are giving their time to support Not for Profits, include:
– Tracey Fellows – Managing Director Microsoft Australia
– Alan Noble – Google Australia
– Cheryl Kernot – Centre for Social Impact, University of NSW
– Mark Pesce – Social network guru, writer, New Inventors panelist
– Monique Potts – Digital Media Project Manager at the ABC
– Peter Deitz – founder and Executive Director of Social Actions website
– Allen Gunn – Executive Director Aspiration.
Breakout session presenters will provide expertise, insight, and stories from Not for Profits across Australia and New Zealand addressing the conference theme:
As well a full day workshop – Wednesday 13 May – with Jay Dedman and Ryanne Hodson to learn how to use free tools to create and publish powerful videos. Find out how to:
– get press coverage, create action and raise money
– craft a workflow to fit video into your already busy schedule
– maximise the effectiveness of your video on the web.
Find more about the Conference at connectingup.org/conference