Doing More With Less: Making Progress in a Time of Economic Downturn – Advertorial
Monday, 2nd March 2009 at 12:39 pm
Swinburne University’s Asia-Pacific Centre for Philanthropy and Social Investment & DVA Navion are initiating a series of activities to assist Not for Profit organisations realise their financial and social objectives.
The 28th of April 2009 Melbourne workshop, Doing More with Less: Making Progress in a Time of Economic Downturn, will feature guest speakers:
– Professor Peter Shergold (Chief Executive, Centre for Social Impact);
– John McLeod (Director of Philanthropy, Goldman Sachs JBWere);
– Cath Smith (Chief Executive Officer, Victorian Council of Social Services);
– Vanessa Meachen (Research and Training Manager, Philanthropy Australia).
Who should attend?
– Not for Profit Board members, CEOs and Senior Executives.
Keynote presentations and interactive panel discussions will equip NFP Board members, CEOs and Senior Executives with skills to effectively deal with questions such as:
– How do income sources such as government and philanthropic funding react to economic downturns?
– How will individual organisations be impacted and how can they formulate effective individual responses?
– What do funders want to see from not-for-profit organisations in difficult economic times?
– What are the strategic activities funders are more likely to support at this time?
– What are the characteristics of organisations that will survive and flourish in times of economic stress?
– How can an economic downturn be a time of opportunity for the sector?
– What innovative strategies can be utilised to maintain and even expand operational income in a seemingly hostile climate?
To find out more about this event or to register:
– Consult our program
– Visit our registration portal
– Download a free snapshot report containing economic downturn facts and strategies.
– Contact Jason Smith (DVA Navion) on (03) 9853 5111 / 0432 527 651 or email email@example.com.