Take Survey
NEWS  |  Careers

Joel Nathan – People Profile

Friday, 4th December 2009 at 9:43 am
  Joel Nathan OAM, Founder/Executive Chairman, Life goes on Joel is the Founder and Executive Chairman of Life goes on, an organisation offering strategies and choices for the seriously ill and those who care for them.    How long have…

Friday, 4th December 2009

Joel Nathan – People Profile
Friday, 4th December 2009 at 9:43 am

Joel Nathan OAM, Founder/Executive Chairman, Life goes on

How long have you been working in the Third Sector?

10 years

How did you end up here?

I wanted to share my life-threatening experiences and what I had researched in writing my second book to help the greatest number of people through the challenges of a serious illness

What is the best thing about working in the Third Sector?

Helping others

What drew you to the Third Sector?

When I realised I could not counsel hundreds of people a day on my own

I consider my greatest achievement to be:

Helping my children grow

Favourite saying …

“The unexamined life is not worth living." (Socrates)

In life it’s important to…….

Laugh a lot

What are you reading/watching/listening to at the moment?

“Silence” by Sara Maitland

If you could be or do anything else, what would it be?

Fly like a falcon

If you could have dinner with 2 people from history, who would they be?

Adolf Hitler (to confront evil) and William Shakespeare (to face true genius)

What is one thing about you that few people know?

I was once a Quiz Kid

What inspires you?

The ineffable.

Who inspires you?

Ralph Waldo Emerson and my childhood Zulu mentor

One Comment

• John Allison says:

I would like to contact Dr Joel Nathan re: a men’s health project I’m involved in. He’s already assisted me in the past.