Givewell’s Good Giving Charity Awards
Thursday, 21st January 2010 at 4:18 pm
The Givewell Good Giving Guide Charity Awards are back for 2010, with the winners to be highlighted in a second edition of The Good Giving Guide currently underway for release in June 2010. Entries Close February 8th.
Now in their sixth year, the awards are now published and presented in conjunction with The Good Giving Guide.
This year there are two awards, Best Practice Not-for-Profit and Best Community Project and further details of the awards criteria and process can be found at www.givewell.com.au/CharityAwardsCriteria.asp
Nominations are open to anyone, and charities may also self-nominate. Individuals may nominate the same charity for both awards, and may submit multiple nominations if they wish to nominate more than one charity.
Finalists will be announced in mid-February, with interviews to take place shortly after. The winners will then be announced in conjunction with the release of second edition ofThe Good Giving Guide in June 2010.
Best Practice Not-for-Profit Criteria
The winning organisation needs to:
- Exhibit an ability to deal with significant social problems in tangible ways.
- Deliver thoughtful and practical programs across a range of social dimensions, including awareness raising, network development, solution finding and support provision.
- Demonstrate best practice organisational and financial management.
- Be transparent and accountable with clear financial reporting.
- Have strong fundraising and financing mechanisms providing it with the capacity to deliver to its constituency.
Best Community Project Criteria
The project needs to be run by a credible, well-managed and transparent not-for-profit organisation. It needs to address an important issue with a thoughtful, innovative and practical solution that has measurable, attainable outcomes. Previous winners have included projects run by Alice Springs Youth Accommodation and Support Services, RSPCA Queensland, the Australian Literacy and Numeracy Foundation and Welfare Rights Centre (SA) Inc.