Givewell Forum To Focus on Financial Recovery
5 October 2010 at 4:04 pm
Givewell's upcoming Non Profit Finance Forum in South Australia and Western Australia will focus on strategies, tactics and techniques for a sustainable financial recovery.
Now in its 5th year, the Givewell Nonprofit Finance Forum is set for the 2010 Centre-West series in November, 2010.
The theme of financial recovery will focus on how the Not for Profit sector can position itself to consolidate the sustainability of its finances and develop more effective models for service provision.
The 2010 series includes:
- financial strategies to align with both economic and social trends
- research on the sector's mood and the state of its budgets
- post-election outlook for sector funding and regulation
- a forward-looking report from corporates and philanthropic trusts on funding levels and preferences
- a new session on the challenge of placing a financial value on social assets and liabilities
- more time for networking, less time spent on investments and very little overlap in session topics
Givewell's Executive Director, Michael Walsh says this is a proven event attracting 800 delegates Australia-wide who have consistently reported around 90 per cent satisfaction rate.
Walsh says the forum responds to feedback, rotates its topics and each year it evolves with the spirit of the sector. For the Centre-West series the Forum combines speakers from "over East" as well as local experts.
Givewell is offering Pro Bono Australia readers a $30 discount on the registration fee. Download the attached registration form here.