Fuel Vouchers for Aussie Volunteers
4 July 2011 at 4:45 pm
The popular ‘Vouchers for Volunteers’ program is on again, with Australian Not for Profit organisations able to apply for free fuel vouchers from BP.
Australian Not for Profit organisations that use a vehicle to undertake their activities in the fields of education, health and human service, arts and culture, development and community or environment and conservation are invited to apply for free BP fuel.
The following list is not exhaustive, but provides examples of eligible and ineligible organisations:
- Educational Institutions — Schools, universities, pre-schools and other educational establishments that are properly accredited according to Australian law and registered as Not for Profit
- Health & Human Service Organisations — Social welfare and other organisations dealing with health and medical issues, eradication of disease, drug rehabilitation, hunger, HIV/AIDS, as well as adult and youth programmes dealing with unemployment, homelessness and social welfare registered as Not for Profit.
- Organisations Involved In Arts & Culture — Museums, theatres, orchestras, historical societies, performing arts companies, libraries, public television and public radio stations registered as Not for Profit.
- Development and Community Organisations — Community improvement or service organisations such as housing, job training, urban redevelopment, sporting, youth and community organisations registered as Not for Profit.
- Environmental & Conservation Organisations — Local, regional or national organisations concerned with environment, nature and wildlife preservation including animal welfare, water usage programmes, pollution prevention, recycling and energy conservation registered as Not for Profit.
In 2009, BP provided over $250,000 worth of fuel vouchers to 5,000 volunteers from Not for Profit organisations across Australia, in a bid to help ease the financial burden associated with volunteering.
Applications must be received by 5.00pm (AEST) on 17 July 2011. Successful applicants will be notified and will appear on www.bp.com.au by 22 August 2011.