CSB
NEWS  |  Careers

Changemakers – Brett Gresham

Monday, 5th December 2011 at 11:28 am
Brett Gresham is the Program Manager at Austraining International. The organisation is an international development and specialist project management group focused on social development and the impact of its projects globally. Austraining has managed more than 4000 volunteers to projects across Asia, the Pacific and Africa.

Monday, 5th December 2011

Changemakers – Brett Gresham
Monday, 5th December 2011 at 11:28 am

Brett Gresham is the Program Manager at Austraining International.  The organisation is an international development and specialist project management group focused on social development and the impact of its projects globally. Austraining has managed more than 4000 volunteers to projects across Asia, the Pacific and Africa.

What was your first job in the not-for-profit sector?

Building refugee camps in Afghanistan in the mid 90s.

What is the best thing about working in the not-for-profit sector?

The people. The quality and values of the people in the NFP sector are notably different and resonate with the things that I value in people and in the world.

If you could be or do anything else, what would it be?

Anything that enables me to influence people towards the pursuit of what is good.  I believe that at a very profound level we all want to make the world a better place, but just keep getting caught up in the trite and narcissistic and need reminding of who we really are.

My greatest challenge is…

Getting caught up in the trite and narcissistic myself!

What inspires you?

Other people who actually believe in things.  In some ways I think it is less important what those beliefs are; I just love people who can (intelligently) stand up and say ‘this one thing I believe…’

Opportunity for Australia’s Young Social Pioneers

NFP Real Estate Agency to Drive Sydney’s Affordable Housing Supply

Wednesday, 11th April 2018 at 5:34 pm

NDIS Urged to Implement Portable Training System for Workers

Tuesday, 17th April 2018 at 8:31 am

One Comment

• Ivan Z. Ivan Z. says:

Mr. Gresham it is a pleasure get communication with you, I was able to surf the internet and find an article about a work in Afganistan with slow sand filters for household use.
    The article provides an e-mail not in use anymore, and I was trying to contact with Mr. Brett Gresham (I think and hope you are the same person because your work in Afghanistan).
    I work in in areas with poor sanitation and contaminated and precarious sistems of water, so I think you can help us to improve this appropriate technologies in this poor areas of my country, where I work in.
    This article says that you can help and provide us with detailed information to build this filter. My intention is to conduct the studies in poor areas and show the effectivity of filter, then try that the local government begins to produce and deliver it free of charge to communities until its widespread use and production can be done in each community.

I thank you in advance for your attention and I am sure of your disinterested collaboration for the benefit of those in need.
    I would appreciate any communication apologize for any mistakes because my English is not good.