ACCSR’s 5th Annual Conference to Focus on CSR and Innovation
12 January 2012 at 10:37 am
The Australian Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility’s 5th Annual Conference in Melbourne in February will turn the spotlight on The Innovation Imperative: Taking CSR from Risk Management to Value Creation.
The ACCSR conference is hosted and sponsored by NAB. It takes place on Wednesday 15th February 2012 at the Auditorium, Ground Floor, NAB, 800 Bourke St, Docklands.
“The conference will form a vital part of Australia’s contribution to discuss the new and up until recently unattended relationship between CSR and innovation. It will answer some important questions about innovation, value creation, and CSR in the Australian business context.” says Conference Chair, Paul Hohnen, ACCSR Senior International Associate.
“Pioneering organisations and thought leaders from academia will highlight how meeting the challenges of the 21st century – growing jobs and providing more efficient energy, water, food, transportation, education and health services, to name a few – can be achieved by companies working more closely with regulators, customers, investors and other stakeholders.”
New guest speakers include:
- DR KEN HENRY, former Treasury Secretary, Non-Executive Director NAB
- EVAN THORNLEY, CEO, Better Place Australia
- VICTORIA WHITAKER, Network Manager, GRI Focal Point Australia
- RUSSELL NORTHE, MP for Morwell, Parliamentary Secretary for Innovation and Small Business
- JANE GRONOW, Principal Advisor – Communities and Social Performance, Rio Tinto
This conference will assert that innovation and value creation are the next frontier in demonstrating the business case for CSR.
Other major speakers include:
- The The Hon Tim Pallas MP, Member for Tarneit, Shadow Minister for Ports, Infrastructure, Major Projects, Freight and Logistics, Employment and Industrial Relations
- Professor Dirk Matten, Hewlett-Packard Chair in Corporate Social Responsibility, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Ben Waters, Director, ecomagination, GE Australia & New Zealand
- Mike Foster, CEO Fujitsu Australia
- Sean O’Toole, Managing Director, Landcom
- Professor Malcolm McIntosh, Director, Asia Pacific Centre for Sustainable Enterprise, Griffith Business School, Griffith University
- Steve Vamos, President, Society for Knowledge Economics
- Sue-Ern Tan, Acting CEO, NSW Minerals Council
- Rebecca Sherwill, Head of Education, NAB
To register visit http://www.accsr.com.au/html/annualconf2012.html or call 03 9389 0399.
Please note that further discounts to the early bird prices apply for Not for Profits and multiple bookings.
Diary Date: 15 February 2012 | Melbourne
Auditorium, Ground Floor, NAB, 800 Bourke St, Docklands
Pro Bono Australia is the media partner for this event.