Mental Health Program Funding Applications Open
16 October 2012 at 10:08 am
Australian Not for Profits can now apply for Federal Government funding for mental health. Photo: lipmag.com
Not for Profit organisations can now apply for funding to take part in the Federal Government’s $549.8 million mental health program called Partners in Recovery across 61 Medicare Local regions nationally.
Minister for Mental Health Mark Butler says the project will provide more coordinated services for 24,000 individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and complex needs.
The Federal Government released the funding guidelines for the Partners In Recovery program in August 2102.
“People with severe mental health issues often need to access a range of services like housing, income support, employment services and medical care, and this program is about joining those services up so that people don’t fall through the gaps,” Butler said.
“And often people will be accessing one or two service types, but aren’t aware that other services are available to them, so the NGOs we select to do this work will be funded to make sure people’s full range of needs are identified and met.”
Butler encouraged service providers across different sectors to be involved and participate in the application preparation process.
“Having a broad range of delivery partners involved will show the commitment and capacity of the local community, which in turn will be critical to the successful implementation of PIR in their region.”
Applications need to include:
- a proposed model and project plan of how PIR will be implemented, building on the existing service environment currently operating within the region;
- identification of project partners, including letters of support;
- detailed evidence of the regional planning and consultation processes undertaken in preparing the application;
- a communication strategy and risk management plan;
- demonstration of required capabilities and capacities;
- options on how client information might be managed using existing systems; and
- a detailed budget.
Information and the Invitation to Apply documentation are available online www.health.gov.au/mentalhealth
Applications for funding to become a PIR Organisation close at 2.00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesday December 18, 2012. All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.