Homelessness Service Awards Open
Thursday, 8th November 2012 at 8:34 am
Nominations are open for the 2013 National Homelessness Services Achievement Awards that recognise outstanding achievements made by community organisations in supporting homeless people.
The Awards celebrate excellence and innovation by organisations, services and programs responding to the needs of people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness.
There are seven award categories:
1. Excellence or innovation in addressing homelessness by an organisation
2. Excellence in the prevention of, or early intervention in, homelessness
3. Outstanding business or philanthropic commitment to addressing homelessness
4. Excellence or innovation in partnerships in delivering services
5. Excellence in addressing Indigenous homelessness
6. Excellence in supporting pathways to employment or education
7. Excellence in addressing homelessness in a regional, rural or remote location.
Award recipients will be recognised at a formal awards ceremony in 2013 in Canberra.
To nominate, download the guidelines and nomination forms from www.fahcsia.gov.au/homelessnessawards.
Nominations close at 5pm EDT Friday January 18, 2013.