Scholarships Available for NFP Conference
9 January 2013 at 11:47 am
Scholarships to attend a Not for Profit conference to prepare the sector for regulation through the newly established Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) are now open for application.
CPA Australia and the Australian Scholarships Foundation (ASF) are offering full scholarships to attend CPA Australia’s Not-for-profit Conference 2013.
The two day conference will be held in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane in March, with two scholarships per State being offered.
ASF says that the purpose of the scholarships is to enable managers and financial officers of registered charitable organisations to enhance their knowledge and skills to contribute to the management of their organisation.
Conference delegates will:
- Hear from industry experts on the latest reform updates
- Gain the knowledge and tools to improve strategy, processes, build partnerships and leverage technology across your organisation
- Share ideas and experiences of how to work better with your board in a discussion forum format
- Learn how to build capability into your organisation to combat compliance requirements.
CPA Australia says that ACNC and industry experts will speak at the conference to provide valuable insights on processes and strategies to adapt NFP organisations to a changing landscape.
Scholarship applicants must submit an endorsement letter from their CEO or senior manager, along with their contact details.
The CPA Australia and ASF Attendance Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are Australian citizens employed by charitable Not for Profit organisations.
ASF says that the scholarships will be awarded to individuals whose attendance at the conference would, in ASF's view, benefit their organisation.
ASF says that the successful entrant will be chosen based on their ability to demonstrate their commitment to the profession, correctly answer the questions on the application form, and their ability to clearly articulate how the employer will benefit from the scholarship.
The conference will be held on the following dates and locations:
- Sydney, 11 – 12 March 2013: Parkroyal Darling Harbour, 150 Day Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney NSW 2000
- Melbourne, 14 – 15 March 2013: RACV Club, 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Perth, 18 – 19 March 2013: Crown Perth, Great Eastern Highway, Burswood WA 6967
- Brisbane, 20 – 21 March 2013: Hilton Hotel, 190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane QLD 400
Apply here. Applications close February 15, 2013.
Pro Bono Australia is a media partner to this event.