Community Development An ‘In-Demand’ Job - Report
13 May 2013 at 11:14 am
Job ads for Community Development Personnel saw a 94% month-on-month increase in New South Wales, according to new data from Australian online employment site, Seek.
Seek tracked job ad growth across 30 industry classifications and over 400 job types to find which job markets are fast-moving by measuring the job types which have the largest percentage increase in new listings each month.
Nationally, health and medical professions across the board have seen growth year-on-year, with the demand for medical imagers, pharmacists, medical specialists and dentists growing by 46%, 34%, 34% and 33% respectively.
Job ads for General Practitioners in April 2013 has increased by 95%, compared with the number of new job ads in April 2012.
Seek spokesperson Sarah Macartney says that it's no surprise that with Australia hitting a milestone population of 23 million in April that the demand for Primary Healthcare workers has increased.
"As our nation's population continues to expand, we could expect to see that growth mirrored by demand in the Healthcare industry,” she said.
Seek’s Top 5 Fastest Movers – Month-on-Month Results March 2013 – April 2013:
Fastest Movers – National
- Credit Assessors, up 44%
- Geoscientists, up 28%
- IT Security Specialists, up 25%
- Insurance & Superannuation Underwriters, up 23%
- General Practitioners, up 23%
Fastest Movers – New South Wales
- Community Development Personnel, up 94%
- Water & Waste Engineers, up 71%
- Architects, up 69%
- Community Services & Development Managers, up 62%
- Construction Lawyers, up 60%
Fastest Movers – Victoria
- Federal Government Personnel, up 122%
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics Analysts, up 118%
- Records Management & Document Control Administrators, up 90%
- Architectural Draftsmen, up 82%
- Hospitality & Tourism Gaming Personnel, up 80%
Fastest Movers – Queensland
- Banking & Financial Services Account Managers, up 81%
- Credit Assessors, up 59%
- Aerospace Engineers, up 59%
- Freight and Cargo Forwarding Personnel, up 52%
- IT Testing & Quality Assurance Personnel, up 51%
Fastest Movers – South Australia
- Employment Services Personnel, up 95%
- Retail Store Managers, up 68%
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics Assembly & Process Workers, up 48%
- Accounts Officers & Clerks, up 48%
- Civil/Structural Engineers, up 45%
Fastest Movers – Western Australia
- Freight & Cargo Forwarding Personnel, up 95%
- IT Testing & Quality Assurance Personnel, up 69%
- Employment Services Personnel, up 57%
- Community Development Personnel, up 57%
Internal Recruitment Managers, up 53%