Mobile App to Measure & Report Social Outcomes
11 June 2013 at 12:09 pm
Melbourne-Based Socialsuite is about to release its “Socialsuite App” for articulating and measuring social outcomes and it’s looking for Australian Not for Profits to become early adopters of a pre-release version.
Organisations taking one of the limited early adopter places will receive significant discounts and the benefit of extra support.
Measuring and reporting on Social outcomes is becoming increasingly important as competition for limited funding increases, and some states in Australia start mandating outcomes reporting.
Articulating and measuring your organisations outcomes is also important internally, for staff and volunteers who want to understand the impact their work is making.
But as many of us have experienced, outcomes reporting comes with painful headaches like:
• Paper based data collection and surveys
• Understanding which data to collect and when
• Manual data entry into spread-sheets
• Wasting time manually compiling reports – weekly and monthly
• Tying up staff time that could be better spent on working towards the organisations mission.
The Socialsuite App was developed in response to the sector’s need for a quick and simple way to define outcomes, continuously and easily collect outcomes data and automatically generate outcome reports – using commonly available technology like smart phones and tablets.
Key features of the Socialsuite App:
• Create and store an outcomes “logic map” describing the short, medium and long term outcomes of your programs,
• Create, manage and refine an ongoing data collection plan for your program outcomes
• Staff at various locations can collect program attendance data and outcomes data while “out in the field” via their smart phones and tablets.
• Outcomes data is automatically sent back to the database and funder\stakeholder reports can be generated automatically, at the push of a button
• The Socialsuite App can handle any number of programs or data collectors
Dr Clara Ong, Managing Director at Socialsuite said “We have undertaken a significant amount of sector consultation, and are very excited to be releasing the Socialsuite App in Q4 this calendar year. We have had extremely positive feedback from the sector so far, especially around reducing time spent on manual data collection and data entry.”
According to Damian Hajda, Technology Director at Socialsuite “The Socialsuite App allows organisations to articulate their social outcomes and easily implement a data collection plan. What sets our App apart is its ability to link desired social outcomes to program stakeholders and participants, and intelligently remind staff when it is time to collect data, all via their smart phone or tablet. Funders love the reports.”
“With the upcoming official release of the Socialsuite App in Q4 this year, we are looking for organisations to be early adopters of the App in the months before it is released – early adopters will benefit from extra attention from us to ensure that the early release of the App is performing well and adding maximum benefit on their projects. This includes assistance from our social consultants in articulating your outcomes and creating a data collection plan.”
If you are interested in becoming an early adopter of the Socialsuite App, contact Damian on 0488 666 222 to register your interest.
There are five early adopter spaces available and application’s close on June 20. Early adopter consulting services and product licenses are priced at heavily discounted rates.