Gandel Community Grants Open
16 July 2015 at 9:40 am
One of Australia's largest independent philanthropic family funds, Gandel Philanthropy, is calling on eligible Not for Profit organisations to apply for its Community grants.
Grants are up to $40,000 and they are provided as a one-off contribution, aimed at supporting programs in a number of areas of interest, including:
- ARTS and CULTURE – includes support for performing and visual arts, museums and galleries, and arts programs that provide a broader community benefit;
- EDUCATION – support for early childhood education, adult education, specialised educational programs, leadership programs, and minor research;
- HEALTH and MEDICAL RESEARCH – focus on children, ageing, mental health and disability, as well as medical equipment, minor research, promotion and prevention activities;
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – supporting capacity building and organisational development activities, with the aim of strengthening community organisations to deliver better services and programs;
- POVERTY and DISADVANTAGE – direct support programs and general welfare activities that help alleviate and address poverty and disadvantage, crisis or emergency support, material aid, small-scale research;
- SOCIAL COHESION and INCLUSION – support for initiatives that help build community spirit and promote tolerance, and that support marginalised or vulnerable groups to remain active in their community.
Gandel Philanthropy CEO Vedran Drakulic called on prospective applicants to read the Grant Guidelines carefully to ensure they are eligible, and to consider whether their program or activity is aligned to the organisation’s granting philosophy.
“Gandel Philanthropy provides support throughout Australia, but Victorian charities are prioritised," Drakulic said.
“Through Gandel Philanthropy, its founders John Gandel AO and Pauline Gandel, continue to provide millions of dollars in grants every year to support a broad range of charitable causes in the community."
Applications for COMMUNITY grants are accepted throughout the year and there are no specific closing dates.
For more details and to apply, visit http://www.gandelphilanthropy.org.au/how-to-apply/application-process/