2016 National Volunteering Conference – Build the Future
Thursday, 19th November 2015 at 11:01 am
The program for the 2016 National Volunteering Conference with the theme of Build the Future has been released!
Click here to get ready to build the future of the Australian volunteering sector.
The conference is the opportunity for everyone from CEO's, Board members and volunteer managers to get together to find out what is happening across the nation and how we can look at the opportunities, and the challenges of the future.
Chairman of Lifeline Australia and CEO of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, John Brogden, has recently been announced as a keynote speaker delivering advice in leadership and self-care.
Robyn Moore will bring her extensive experience to speak about managing changing environments through positive action. Moore is an Ambassador for the Australia Day Council, the Australian Childhood Foundation and has been the National Patron, a volunteer and a Wish-Granter for Make-A-Wish Australia.
Conference content has a particular focus on impacts of volunteer involvement for the future of organisations. As policy frameworks change with the reform agenda and new schemes such as the NDIS, how organisations look at volunteering into the future is going to be essential for their sustainability.
A sample of the breakout sessions includes:
- Introducing micro-volunteering in a community services organisation with an established formal volunteering program
- Does your organisation sabotage your recruitment efforts?
- Collaboratively rethinking the nature and practice of voluntary service in three North Australian Aboriginal communities
- How can volunteer managers work smarter, not harder?
- Reversing the volunteering decline in Australia. What can non-volunteers tell us about pathways to volunteering?
- Engaging corporate volunteers in unpopular sectors
To view the full conference program click here.
Get in quick before early bird registrations close!