Foodbank Australia CEO Resigns
Monday, 15th February 2016 at 10:12 am
A leading member of Australian Not for Profit sector is hanging up the apron to join the private sector.
Foodbank Australia has announced that its CEO, Jason Hincks, has resigned and will be leaving the organisations at the end of February to take up a CEO role in the corporate sector.
Foodbank’s Director, Geoff Starr, will take over as interim CEO while the board recruits a new person to fill Hincks’ position full time.
“We are sorry to lose Jason and thank him for the valuable contribution he has made during his time with the organisation,” Foodbank Australia Chair Tony Froggatt said.
“Jason has overseen the introduction of a new, fresh brand identity for Foodbank and also the first ‘Food Fight’ campaign which has lifted our profile at the same time as generating seven million serves of food. Jason has also seen food distribution grow to over 166,000 meals per day.
“On behalf of the Foodbank Australia board, and I’m sure our many partners, I would like to thank Jason for the part he has played in helping us to achieve our mission of delivering the most food to the most Australians in need.”
Hincks was previously the Chief Operating Officer at men’s health charity, Movember for more than three years.
Geoff Starr has been a director of Foodbank Australia since 2006. He has a background in the food and grocery industry, most recently as Chief Executive of George Weston Foods.Either there are no banners, they are disabled or none qualified for this location!
He has also held senior positions with Mars and Unilever Australia. He is a past Chairman of the Australian Food and Grocery Council and is currently a non-executive director for food and agribusiness boards.
“We are in an exciting and challenging phase as an organisation, so Geoff’s aim will be to ensure continuity and momentum during this transition period,” Froggatt said.