Budget 2016 Podcast: The Fine Print
5 May 2016 at 10:48 am
Despite being sold as the “fairness” budget, Not for Profit leaders have said that vulnerable Australians could be unfairly impacted by “harsh” measures.
Treasurer Scott Morrison made little mention of social services funding in the budget address on Tuesday night, so Pro Bono Australia News sought out sector experts who went over the fine-print in the budget papers.
In the latest episode of Not for Podcast, a broad cross-section of sector experts explain how the budget will impact Not for Profits.
“The budget, on balance, further disadvantages people who are on low incomes [and] has failed to restore in any way the harsh cuts to the level of funding for critical services for people who are vulnerable,” ACOSS CEO Cassandra Goldie said on Not for Podcast.
“Accordingly, it will mean increasing pressure on community service organisations.”
Hear from sector experts:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors chief economist Stephen Walters
- ACOSS CEO Cassandra Goldie
- Mission Australia CEO Catherine Yeomans
- Volunteering Australia CEO Brett Williamson
- World Vision Australia CEO Tim Costello
- Social Ventures Australia CEO Rob Koczkar
Subscribe to Not for Podcast through iTunes.