Finalists Named in 2017 Workplace Giving Excellence Awards
11 October 2017 at 4:16 pm
Finalists have been announced for the 2017 Workplace Giving Excellence Awards, recognising leadership, innovation, collaboration and best practice by employer and community organisations.
The top award, for best overall workplace giving program, sees finalists from the banking industry, a music retailer, an online job site and an event company.
The finalists in the awards, presented by Australian Charities Fund, include:
- Commonwealth Bank, Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited, JB Hi-Fi Limited and SEEK Limited for Best Overall Program.
- The Good Guys for Best Launch or Refresh (Large Organisation).
- Bain & Company and The Myer Family Company for Best Launch or Refresh (Small Organisation).
- Australia Post and South Western Sydney Local Health District for Best Public Sector Program
- Give Where You Live Foundation (in partnership with Hanlon Industries), Redkite (in partnership with JB Hi-Fi), The Smith Family (in partnership with King & Wood Mallesons) and The Song Room (in partnership with JB Hi-Fi) for Most Innovative Charity / Employer Partnership.
The entries were evaluated by a panel of judges with experience across corporate, philanthropic, government, community and academic sectors.
The judges include The Smith Family head of strategy and philanthropy Judy Barraclough, Sarah Davies, CEO of Philanthropy Australia, Carolyn Hewson, director of BHP Billiton Ltd and BHP Billiton Plc, Professor Kristy Muir, CEO of The Centre for Social Impact and Dr Tim Reddel, group manager of the policy office of Department of Social Services.
Jenny Geddes, CEO of The Australian Charities Fund, said they were encouraged by both the increase in the number of entries, as well as the high quality of the programs nominated.
“It is inspiring to see so many organisations embracing workplace giving and achieving outstanding results for the community,” Geddes said.
The Workplace Giving Excellence Awards, now in their second year, are part of the One Million Donors campaign that was launched by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in 2014.
The winners will be announced on Thursday 2 November 2017 in Melbourne.