Mindful Leadership Forum Set to Inspire New Era of Australian Leaders
Thursday, 5th October 2017 at 8:34 am
Australia’s premier leadership event, the Mindful Leadership Forum, in Sydney in November, will inspire a new era of leadership grounded in self-awareness, authenticity and compassion.
In a fast-paced world, our workplaces are full of burnt-out leaders who report little bandwidth for big-picture thinking, for innovation and for building strong cultures. Jono Fisher, founder of the Wake Up Project says “we’re seeing increasing stress and anxiety levels and a general senses of exhaustion and disengagement in the workplace.”
According to a recent Gallup survey,
- 79 per cent of employees are disengaged, leading to lower productivity, innovation and wellbeing
- Only 8 per cent of people strongly agree that they experience overall well being because of their work
The Mindful Leadership Forum is Australia’s premier leadership event bringing together leaders in the fields of business and science to improve performance, culture and innovation.
“This Forum is part of a global movement that’s sweeping the corporate world,” according to Jono Fisher, with companies such as Google, LinkedIn and the Harvard Business School using evidence-based tools to support creativity, productivity and purpose-driven performance.
After three years and 1,500 attendees, many are calling this “the best leadership conference in Australia”.
Here are three reasons the Mindful Leadership Forum is taking place for the fourth year:
1 Inspire Australia to lead the mindful leadership movement
The vision for the Mindful Leadership Forum is for Australia to lead the world in prioritising qualities like self-awareness, kindness and empathy. This forum brings together 400+ progressively-minded professionals who want to foster more emotional literacy and compassion in workplaces and communities.
2 Provide practical tools and case studies to improve health, performance and relationships
This event is both highly educational, interactive and practical. The focus is to help participants move into action with implementable examples, case studies and new habits. Forum attendees will leave with a greater awareness of the skills and practices required to sustain peak performance.
3 The more digital we become, the more “live” community we need
More than ever we need in-person experiences, inspiration and personal connection. At this forum, feelings of separation evaporate, new possibilities emerge and genuine relationships are formed. Forum guests will also make powerful connections with fellow executives, professionals and people seeking to make change.
Highlights of the 2017 Mindful Leadership Forum include:
- Lawrence Levy, former Pixar CFO – “From Silicon Valley to Pixar to Juniper, My Collaboration with Steve Jobs, and Why I Left Corporate Life to Study Eastern Philosophy and Meditation”
- Michele Bousquet, Senior Director, Organisational Development, GoPro (USA) – “Full-Hearted Leadership: How Courage and Love are Reframing Culture in Times of Change”
- Dr Heidi Hanna, renowned Neuroscience expert and NY Times bestselling author: Having implemented health and performance programs at Microsoft, GE, Starbucks, Boeing and Morgan Stanley, Dr Hanna will share “Simple Strategies to Boost Focus, Creativity and Resilience”.
- Inspiring and authentic case studies from: Accenture, Westpac, eBay, Australian Army, Medibank, Marque Lawyers and HSBC Bank
- Three Mindful Leadership Masterclasses
- Special guest, Marc Lesser, Co-Founder of the world-famous Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute
Mindful Leadership Forum Details:
Event Website: Mindful Leadership Forum
Dates: Thursday 9 & Friday 10 November 2017
Venue: The Concourse, Chatswood (Sydney)
Tickets: Prices from $1390 + GST (early bird until 13 October). Click HERE to register
Mindful Leadership Forum 2017 is produced by The Eventful Group and Wake Up Project